Saturday, November 3, 2012

Where the hell is Milwaukee?


I decided to start a blog. Knowing me, I will probably forget about its existence in about a week.

It all started with Milwaukee. I was sitting here and suddenly Milwaukee, a place I have never been and will likely never go, popped into my vacant mind. I wondered to my self:

Where the hell is Milwaukee?

My discovery of Milwaukee's location led me to Falcon: A boat shipwrecked on the shores of Lake Michigan around November of 2007. Pictures of the boat cause my breathing to slow and my gaze to become fixed, as if the boat is beaconing my soul to board her.  

What is it about this boat that causes my soul to quietly churn? 

I write today about Falcon because pictures of her elicit emotions in me I cannot completely understand. 

I expect you will understand soon enough: Please follow the link below to see pictures of her


When I see this abandoned boat, I think of the human spirit, unrealized dreams, hope, resilience, perseverance, devastating mistakes, regret, courage, and patience. 

I have nothing else to say, and you will likely not see me on here again.

~Krysta


My picture of the day:
Fresh snow on the forest floor of the Jemez Mountains, near the Valles Caldera



No comments:

Post a Comment